Our Family

Our Family

Friday, March 11, 2011

And they start

39 weeks....She's had enough, she wants out...

All day on the September 9th I was feeling contractions. I was unsure at first so I called the OB and I was told to wait them out. And to call again if anything had changed. Well I went through the day feeling contractions here and there but nothing that really bothered me. I went to my sister's soccer game and came home feeling like my contractions were getting stronger and more frequent. About 10pm Luke and I decided to go off to bed because we were both wiped out. As soon as I laid down though I was in a ton of pain. I told Luke and he told me to try and get some sleep. So I tried but nothing. I ended up staying up all night watching tv or on the internet. Around 3 am I got out of bed and my water broke. (Or what I thought broke.) Because I wasn't sure I just brushed it off and tried to sleep again. Big fail. Finally it was about 6 in the morning and I couldn't take it anymore I got up and started walking around. My back was killing me at this point and I had been timing my contractions from 3-6 am. I looked them over and they were getting close but weren't close enough. About 7 I woke up Luke and told him I was calling the OB. I called and the midwife told me to wait longer. After talking to her for a little while longer she told me to come in. So about 8 am we grabbed a few things and off we went to L&D. I was hooked up and they tested me to check about my water. Sure enough it broke and I was admitted and hooked up to an IV. I called my mom and everyone was notified. After my mom arrived Luke left because he had to get my stuff because we didn't grab my bags thinking that we would be coming home and not having baby girl yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment