Our Family

Our Family

Friday, March 11, 2011

Life changing

January 2010. I remember that month clearly. After another December full of birthdays, Christmas and our wedding anniversary I thought that January would be a month to catch up and relax with my husband. That isn't what happened though. January turned out to be the month that would change our lives.
The first two weeks into January I was feeling off. I was feeling sick and I was tired all the time. I kept telling Luke that something just didn't seem right to me. But I would always brush it off and make up an excuse to why I was feeling that way. Well after days and days of me telling Luke how sick and such I was he said to me, "Why don't you take a pregnancy test?" I told him no that I just had the flu or something and from that day on he kept telling me to take a test because he knew I was pregnant.
Finally after running out of excuses to why I was feeling this way I got up one morning and took the test. After what felt like a life time, a minute had passed so I went to check the test. Sure enough I was pregnant. All I remember is standing there looking at this test and wondering if it was right. Was I really pregnant? Finally after all this time of wanting to be pregnant was it finally true? I looked down at the test one more time and this time I screamed, I jumped up and down and I raced to find my cell phone. After finally being able to calm myself down enough to dial his number I called him and told him the great news. He was ecstatic. He couldn't have been happier and then of course I got the, "I told you, I knew you were pregnant." Comment. 
My first trimester went smoothly and it went by fast. I did have morning sickness and I was always tired but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. All I kept focusing on was my little baby and that in months I would be able to hold her.

No comments:

Post a Comment