Our Family

Our Family

Friday, March 11, 2011

Power is out..

Well what I thought was going to be a good day wasn't. Stella had slept the whole night (by my definition 6 hours) and I woke up feeling well rested and ready to take on the day. The whole night the weather was bad. The wind was whipping and it was freezing rain. About 9:30 am the power flickered off and then flipped back on. At that point I was holding my breath because I didn't want to loose power. Sure enough though after the power flicking on and off about 5 more times it was gone. Ugh. At that point I called Luke and he called PSNH. He told me that they said a few hours or more until the power was back on. I was trying to stay calm and I was doing okay but then Stella started freaking out. I tried feeding her breakfast but she didn't want anything to do with it. I think she knew that something was wrong. After changing her and putting her in her swing I sat down and figured out what I had to do. I called Luke and he came home to get us. I packed us up and tried to figure out what to do with my 100s of bags of breast milk in the freezer. I ended up making a little fridge out of a tote and some ice packs. It was about a little after 10:30 when Luke got home. By that time it was freezing rain, snowing and very windy. I was glad we were getting out when we were not only because of the weather but because our heat wasn't on and it was getting cold in the house.
We got to my parents and about 2 hours later Luke called and told me the power was back on because he got a call.  Thank goodness.
We got home about 10 pm I got Stella to bed and Luke started to get out house heated up. I was so tired and I could tell that Luke was too. About 12 I got Stella and we went upstairs to bed. I was so tired that I feel right asleep.
Ugh, what a day that was in hopes that Tuesday would be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment