Our Family

Our Family

Friday, March 11, 2011

Welcome Stella Elizabeth

After having contractions for over 17 hours and being in the hospital for 14 of them. Another Dr. came in and told me I had to make a decision and quick. At this point I wasn't progressing and Stella was in some type of distress. She wasn't coming down for some reason and was starting to (in my words) have an anxiety attack. After talking to my OB, my nurse, Luke and my mom I finally made the decision that it was best for me and the baby to have the c-section. My birth plan had completely gone from being drug free and natural to medicated and unnatural. I had to do what I had to do though. After making the decision and signing off on all the paper work I don't remember to much. I was so tired at that point and I was very scared. I remember walking over to the room and getting my spinal after that I don't remember anything until I heard the Dr. say get them in here quick and in walked my mom and Luke. Soon after they walked in I heard the best noise ever. I heard my daughter crying! I instantly felt tears rolling down my face. I remember hearing the Dr. say she has a ton of hair and she's a big girl. Then Luke brought her over and I tried to look up at her. I couldn't really see her though but I saw enough to know that she was healthy and beautiful. Luke left with her and the nurse and my mom stayed with me. After they left I don't remember much.
After another 30 or so minutes I was brought back into recovery and I was finally able to join my baby and my husband. I was told that she was 9 lbs and 1 oz and 20 inches long. She was put on my chest and I instantly fell in love.

Stella Elizabeth born September 10th 2010 at 10:05 pm. 9 lbs and 1 oz and 20 inches long. The love of our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment